D3D Universal v20.05 Calculations
- 120V edition. For 240V, needs to increase R significantly. Must increase the length of the resistance element 4x or decrease its gauge. P=I^2*R - to keep power same.
- 8 feet for easy winding in a workshop
- 850F max temp, good for sleeve rated at 1000F
- Is on all the time during a print, keeps complexity down. Essentially a PLA + rubber printer for small production.
- From Nichrome Calculator:
- Double the length, keeping all else the same.
- Heater will be 2x strong - so need on/off control as well.
- Needs thermistor and SSR
- Thus, 120/240 compatibility means we need to use SSR and thermistor.