D3D Universal v20.07 Requirements + Value Proposition
- D3D Universal is a platform for building the bootstrapped 3D printer, at the lowest cost in the world for a lifetime design.
- Lifetime design means that any component can be truly maintained for ever.
Priorities in ease of execution are the following. This can be great substance for precision manufacturing training.
- Fused power supply, Arduino-based
- Solid State Relay - simple circuit around an SCR or TRIAC
- Bushings - linear bearings
- Pulleys - 3DP
- Arduino Mega - files for outsourced manufacturing from board houses, and PNP Machine assembly in the fully open source context
- Screen. From a screen circuit, and putting a circuit board around it.
- 5V power plug, 3D print + a few components. Requires CNC cut of metals for prongs
- RAMPS board - via PNP machine - surface mount equivalent?
- Belts - 3D printed
- Rods - from hot metal processing