D3D v20.04.27 Repair Guide
Replacing Bearings in Y Carriage
- Disconnect plug from X axis motor and end stop
- Remove 3 m3x25 screws on the underside of the X axis motor. (note that this is not necessary if the nuts are in the nut catchers under the stepper motor - in that case only the M6 bolts in the next step need to be loosened to take off the motor.
- Remove stepper motor to the side
- Loosen the M6 screws on the motor side and the idler side to remove the X axis from the Y axes. Straddle the X axis on top of the printer.
- Disconnect the plugs from the 2 Y axis stepper motors and one single Y endstop
- Remove the Y axes
- Release the belt by removing belt peg.
- Remove the idler sides from Y Axes
- Remove the carriages
- Open carriges up and replace bearings.
- Replace carriages.
- Replace idler sides, but don't tighten the idler side yet. Place the Y axis back on the frame, and tighten down the motor side, adjusting the idler side as needed. After idler side is adjusted, then tighten down the idler side.
- Re-tension the Y belts
- Replace the X axis back on the Y axes, and tighten down each side with the M6 bolts.
- Re-plug the motor plugs and endstops on the X and Y axes.