Team Culturing Information
Last updated: February 23, 2013
WHO are you?
- Name - Damian Kemp
- Location (city, country) - Eugene, OR, United States
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - fredgoat (at) gmail (dot) com
- Picture - http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/215085_10151316838118748_130144068_n.jpg
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Yeah, it's great.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
The work OSE is doing, if implemented, would go a long way toward global equity, especially in self-sufficiency and technology.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
By putting the means of production in the hands of the working class lolz
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Lots of prototypes so's I can sketchup them. That, and if one of the GVCS blueprints was a hovertank.
- What is missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Engineer a hovertank.
Seriously, though, address the needs of communities in their fight against corporate privatization more explicitly? Possibly involving a schematic for a hovertank?
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Communication: French translation
Organizational: community organizing, setting up workshops
Natural Building: Cob construction!
Electronics: Simple house electric/wiring, basic radio engineering
Engineering: Basic radio engineering
Education: Teaching - 5 years of experience in a huge variety of media
Construction: Cob and lumber/drywall
Chemistry: I minored in chemistry?
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Sure, like 3.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes! I can do sketchup or teach! $25 an hour.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
Nope, I'm poor.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment â€“ a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
You got words, son! But yeah, totes.