Team Culturing Information
last updated: 22. July, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Daniel Biesenthal
- Location (city, country) - Oshawa Ont. Canada / Walla Walla, Wa. United States
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - danielbiesenthal (at) hotmail (dot) com, 423 653 4885
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - Senior Mechanical Engineering Student.Several years experience with my familiy's machine shop with both machining and welding. I also have experience in framing houses and building stairs. Since i was young i have always been building, one of the highlights of my work has been an aluminum frame bike that i use for daily commuting.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I endorse open source culture because it helps a personal growth. If you gain the knowledge on how to build something, you can take what you have learned and apply it to other areas, allowing ones self to do more and not rely on commercially built products.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I am interested in collaborating with OSE because i feel that it is a worthy cause and i hope to learn and gain more knowledge on how to build things. I am required to do a senior project for engineering and i've wanted to work on something that would be beneficial to others and working with OSE fits that description.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I believe that it can help growth in a lot of areas, giving people with raw materials and skill the knowledge to build equipment that they could not afford or be able to make equipment specifically for there own needs.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
To be more involved i need to read more about the history of what has been done so far. Then jumping in and helping.
- What are you missing in the project?
nothing that i have noticed so far.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
i do not have any.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Engineering - currently finishing my undergraduate.
Welding - tig, mig, stick and oxy-acetlene.
Machining - knowledge of manual lathe and mill. Some expereince with G-Code and CNC lathe.
Fabrication - been making things since i learned how to use tools.
Photography - hobby of mine for the last 5 years.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I want to invest my time in to the project to help complete the GVCS.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
I am able to put in a couple hours a week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
not at the moment.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
not yet, college student with bills to pay.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
yes, when i am able to have my own land i would.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.