Team Culturing Information
last updated: 17. June, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Daniel Worth
- Location (city, country) - Northglenn, Colorado
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - PipeManMusic (at) gmail (dot) com, 303-219-0620
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - I'm a pretty diverse guy.I'm a Journeyman Pipefitter out of Local #208 in Denver, CO. I do AutoCAD design for a company called US Engineering in Loveland, CO. I'm an experienced welder. I also do Django/Python development on the side and hack with Arduino when I get the chance.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I'm the host of The Open Source Musician Podcast. http://opensourcemusician.com . I'm also the Linux guy on OS Perspectives http://mrnetcast.com/osp and a regular contributor ot Hacker Public Radio http://hackerpublicradio.org . So I think my Free Culture credentials are pretty solid. :)
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I'm mostly interested in consulting and CAD design. But I'm willing to take any opportunity that I can.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I think that one thing that isn't mentioned about sustainable living is sustainable manufacturing. I think the right way to save both the first world and the third world. I see GVCS as a way to close the technology gap as well as solve problems in sustainability in developed countries.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Give me a todo list of what you need done.
- What are you missing in the project?
Documentation and CAD drawings to make this as replicable as possible.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Get more people involved.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
welding, programming, CAD design, Natural Building, Fabrication, Construction.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
I worked on the Prezi presentation for Maker Fair.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Like I said. Give me a list of things that need drawn up and let me go.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
5-15 hours per week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
I would love to work on this full-time. My wife is in college at the moment so I'm the sole bread-winner for the family and that means I need stability. However, long-term working on something lik GVCS would be a dream come true.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
It's difficult for me to take much time off of work till my wife is out of school
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
Not yet. I'm new to this. :)
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Eventually that would be awesome!
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
I would be, just need to convince the wife. :)