How do we know if a Developer is performing well? To assess developer engagement, the superior performers can be seen as:
- Has their Developer Test Score been verified?
- Are they meeting their weekly time quota at the 90% plus level?
- Have they posted a profile picture on the OSE Developers page?
- Did they set up their work log properly and do they have a 90%+ score on Work Log Checklist?
- Are they making regular and visible progress updates in their Work Log?
- Have they produced any instructional videos?
- Are they communicating on the email list?
To help improve team performance overall, we have to track it - we do that here. This scorecard should be communicated during every meeting to show the health of the development process.
- Total # of Devs. This number is not recorded in our main Development Effort graph - just the number that logged
- % of Total Team that logged hours. Goal is 100%
- Of the people that logged, what % did their quota of 10 hrs/week
- Of the people that logged, are they logging properly.
- % of Available Team that shows up to design sprint
- %Percent of team that participated in or watched the Dev meeting
- % of people who are allocated tasks
- % of people who finish their allocated task
- Monthly growth rate of the team. Calculated as: (change in the number of developers/total number of developers) (see How to Calculate Growth Rate)