Team Culturing Information
last updated: 26. February, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name/Nationality/Ethnicity - Devin Balkind, America
- Location – New York, NY, USA
- Contact Information – firstname.lastname@example.org, skype: devinbalkind
- Introductory Video -
- Hobbies and Pastimes - Liberty politics, hanging out, fishing.
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
access to technologies - especially natural resource management tech - is a basic human right.
- Why are you interested in this work?
Because I want to help design, develop, document and deploy open hardware tools.
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?'
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies?
- Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
yes, and help start local fabricators.
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
yes, this is primarily what the philanthropists I know are interested in.
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
I want to document the tools using tiddlywikis. I don't know about academia....
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
Yea. I want to own land that is managed by people using OSE tools.
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
"The implications of the shift from corporate production practices that utilize proprietary, industrial technologies to participatory production practices that utilize FLO networked technologies will profoundly transform our society, making it easier for us to solve our own problems, secure our own liberty, develop our own economies and participate in our own governance." - sarapisfoundation.org
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power).
- Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
yeah - flofarm.org
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
I don't like the term 'bug-out hut.'
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
of course. land-backed currencies please!
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts?
The sun and soil provide more than enough wealth for everyone if harnessed properly. We need to direct our 'conflict' energy into space and colonize Mars!
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation?
Access to technology solves "overpopulation" issues.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
Coerced people destroy the environment - free people sustain it. This is worth discussing more...
- Other comments
freedom - use it or lose it.
- What have you already contributed to the OSE project? (technical contributions, blogging about us, financial support, organizing events, translations, interviews, video editing, publications, publicity work, behind-the-scenes work, CAD work, wiki contributions, computer support, etc)
outreach and sme recruitment.
- I'm not but I know folks...How about media training, acting, sound/video, production, scripting, etc?You need 'collateral.'
- Yes - kinda, except no legal experience.
- ubuntu, joomla/wordpress, civicrm, media wiki, tiddlywiki.You need network administrators with experience using mesh networks. You also need android developers.
- barely but want to get more experience with this.
Electronics and Magnetics
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
communications, outreach, community organizing, sme recruitment, sourcing land.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
I think I already do in a self-managed way. Willing to do more.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
maybe around the issue of fundraising..
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
want to get a group together that is...
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
ya - freedom isn't free.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
depends on your definitions of 'working with us' and 'full-time' but yeah, I do this full time.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology – as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
definitely interested in 'being part' of it.