Hint: A detailed study of 4000 people indicates about 50% downturn in overall consumer spending over March - . There is an inconsistency between this and the reported 8.7 decrease in spending reported in mainstream media . How to reconcile these two?
Newest on top:
- US joblessness rate is high. . OSE can help in some of the recovery via mass creation of right livelihood. We can have some impact by opensourcing some modes of production, shifting standard investor-owned gains (such as cordless drill industry) from investors to producers. This would be a structural and historic shift from the few to the many, but what could OSE help with that could generate deeper and immediate change? Distributed production could be such a mechanism. See COVID Economic Recovery.
- 4.8% quarter drop - 
- Dow Jones Industrial Average down by 20%? . OK, but this doesn't mean much in sales.
- 25% down on the S&P 500, which is apparently faster than Great Depression - 
- 7.5 decrease in consumer spending
- It's 9% drop. 
- This one shows 50% drop USA:
This one shows 9% drop USA:
How do we reconcile both?