Electric System Troubleshooting
To troubleshoot an electric system:
- Is the power turned on?
- Is there a master power switch that is turned off?
- Is there an indicator light that tells that power is on?
- Check that an electric source has electric power
- Check polarity of connection to power source.
- Check the connection from the electric power source to wires.
- Check the integrity of wires.
- Check the connection of wires to the component that uses power
- Check for loose connections on the device receiving power
- Check that a device is grounded properly
- Check for frayed or broken insulation
- Check whether a fuse is burned out
- Check if any safety component or breaker is tripped
- Check whether voltage is being delivered to a device using a voltmeter