Genearal - record for time, energy, and optimization of workflow on GVCS and related projects
How much energy does it take to produce materials? https://papercrete.wordpress.com/2011/09/06/embodied-energy/
See Ashby Diagram - strength vs embodied energy. Image Search it for similar.
- Table of common materials - 
- Common building materials - 
- Geopolymer - says 48% higher embodied energy than Portland? 
- Wood - 8.5MJ/kg
Specific - Energy of Production
- 14-17 kWhr are used for producing 1 kg of PLA plastic 3D printing filament! See excellent industrial ecology paper, p. S84 at 
- Note that this is the same amount of energy as that required to smelt 1 kg of aluminum from aluminum oxide!
- Energy Density -