Exploded Part Diagram Workbench Specification
- Programming skill in Python
- Ability to use FreeCAD or willingness to learn basics thereof, as in FreeCAD 101
- Familiarity with FreeCAD workbench programming, as in FreeCAD Workbench Programming
The exploded part diagram workbench should do these steps:
- Using any file, workbench explodes the entire part logically along several axes.
- User selects which parts to explode, and selects the axis
- User can do this iteratively, as many times as needed, to produce a complete explosion.
- Workbench should automatically label every single part with numbers. FreeCAD should recognize identical parts, and label them with the same number.
- For generating labels, the user could also select the order in which parts should be numbered by selecting parts in the order of numbering
- A button should exist to generate a table, listing all the parts by number, and their quantities. FreeCAD should count the number of each item for multiple items. The total number will represent the Unique Part Count.
- Another button generates the total part count, by counting all the parts, including repeat parts.
- Another button should generate a hyperlinked bill of materials in a table
- The Ultimate Button would generate a hyperlinked Visual BOM - essentially - an online, embeddable image - the same as the exploded diagram - with numbered parts - but the part numbers are hyperlinked to actual sourcing which can be accesssed by clicking on that part number.