Fab: The Coming Revolution on Your Desktop - from Personal Computers to Personal Fabrication
- Currently, all the fab lab tools are proprietary, and therefore more expensive than if they were open source. This is an area of opportunity.
- Few to none of the designs emerging from FabLabs or makerspaces include refined production engineering, thus preventing widespread replicability. This is an opportunity for improvement.
- Fabeconomy - see links at - https://www.fabeconomy.com/
- Fab Lab Connect - https://www.fablabconnect.com/award/fab-replication-grant-requirements/ - license of projects is not open source (NC)
- See discussion at Industrial_Productivity_on_a_Small_Scale#Why_has_industrial_productivity_not_been_achieved_in_the_Maker_Movement.3F