Filler Rod

From Open Source Ecology
Jump to: navigation, search


  • The term for a Rod Form of Filler Metal
  • Usually the same material/alloy as what the overall material being welded, although others can be used (Similar way to how SMAW / FCAW can deposit alloying elements into the Weldment)
  • Also called "TIG Wire"
  • Typically comes in long rods (in a large box, or a cardboard/plastic sleeve) that the worker can cut into smaller usable pieces)

Internal Links

External Links