FreeCAD Software Techniques
- FreeCAD is an open-source parametric 3D modeler made primarily to design real-life objects of any size. Parametric modeling allows you to easily modify your design by going back into your model history and changing its parameters.
- Create 3D from 2D & back. FreeCAD allows you to sketch geometry constrained 2D shapes and use them as a base to build other objects. It contains many components to adjust dimensions or extract design details from 3D models to create high quality production ready drawings.
- FreeCAD is a multiplatfom (Windows, Mac and Linux), highly customizable and extensible software. It reads and writes to many open file formats such as STEP, IGES, STL, SVG, DXF, OBJ, IFC, DAE and many others, making it possible to seamlessly integrate it into your workflow.
- FreeCAD is designed to fit a wide range of uses including product design, mechanical engineering and architecture. Whether you are a hobbyist, a programmer, an experienced CAD user, a student or a teacher, you will feel right at home with FreeCAD.
- FreeCAD equips you with all the right tools for your needs. You get modern Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools, experimental CFD, BIM, Geodata workbenches, Path workbench, a robot simulation module that allows you to study robot movements and many more features. FreeCAD really is a Swiss Army knife of general-purpose engineering toolkits.
- Most of the plugin (workbench) are included inside the program and may be installed easily via Freecad-GUI (from top Menu: tools --> Addons Manager)
- If you know what you r doing you can follow this guide