FreeCAD Stair Designer
Done with FreeCAD 19. FreeCAD 16 doesn't seem to work.
Here is a video on how to design stairs in FreeCAD.
There are plenty of architecture stair designers in FreeCAD, from Arch workbench to macros. Parts of these can be used for the Seed Eco-Home 2 detailing:
- Use https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Arch_Stairs to generate stringers - by creating a solid stair and flattening it to a stringer. need 3 stringers.
- Does it work in FreeCAD 16 or 19? 16 it was not transparent how to set riser height.
- Then add treads, and riser blocking.
- Then figure out attachment detail.
Parameters for FreeCAD 19
- Nosing - none
- Number of steps - 15. This means the last step is the building structure - there are only 14 rises here (SEH 2-4 case).
- Riser Height - 7.55. Do not set stair height - set Riser Height.
- Tread Depth - 10.375" - not set, set it by Stair Length. Height doesn't change - it is determined by Riser Height.
- Tread Thickness - 0
- Landings - none
- Stringer Width - 1.5" (or 4"?)
- Structure - Massive
- Structure offset - 0" - this is probably the bottom stair tread accounting
- Structure thickness - 5.1" - this refers to what lumber you use. We use 2x12 and this 5.1" is about correct.
- Winders - None