Feel free to edit this page or discuss your ideas related to possible partnerships in our forum.
You can also create a page and add it to the Category: Collaboration Discussions
For related wikis, see Category: Related Wikis
- 1 Filter
- 2 Open Source Culture
- 3 Crowdfunding
- 4 Incentive Challenge
- 5 Foundations
- 6 Incubators
- 7 Blogs
- 8 Podcasts
- 9 Open Hardware
- 10 Open Source Software
- 11 Open Source Electronics
- 12 Misc.
- 12.1 Fabrication, makers and hackers
- 12.2 Food
- 12.3 Appropriate technology & development
- 12.4 Building
- 12.5 Open culture
- 12.6 Ecovillages, ashrams and resilient communities
- 12.7 Support
- 12.8 Energy
- 12.9 Economics and abundance
- 12.10 Who might be interested in open source ecology? who has the same vision?
The ideal is the intersection of:
- Open Source - culturally strong
- FabLabs - productively powerful
- Enterprise - real world change
- Supercooperator - community development, rather than colonialism
- Education - crating evolution in the future generations
- Community Economic Development/Community-Based Production - inclusive
- Hands-on building of your reality vs consumer culture - creator vs consumer
- Eco-friendly - stopping ecocide
- Education and technological literacy
- Access to Jobs
- Open Source Ecology
- Incite Focus - strong on production with fab labs, open source, community economic dev, eco, education, access to jobs
- Vigyan Ashram - fab lab, education, community building but proprietary
Open Source Culture
- One Community - Jae Sabol
- Crowdfunding for permaculture
- Curry Stone
- Good Ancestor
- Open Mind Foundation
- Szoil.com - David Like
- Robert Steele
- Catherine Austin Fitts
- Japan - Corbett Report
- Noisebridge - brochure
- Mozilla = mark Sherman
- Mark Horner
- Gabriella Levine - OSHWA
- FarmBot - Rory Shuttleworth fellow
- Aaron - former Shuttleworth Fellow
- OSE Board of Directors
- Dr. Pearce
Open Source Software
- Oregon State U - Open Source Lab - 
Open Source Electronics
- Open Circuit Institute - A fully open repository of circuit designs in all categories
- Open Circuit Design - http://opencircuitdesign.com/
- http://omni.mcn.org/electriliteb/ - Electric Vehicle, to be developed in the open source
- Juliet Schor - discusses us in her book, Plenitude: The New Economics of True Wealth. See blog.
- Kevin Carson - The Homebrew Industrial Revolution - large section of chapter on OSE
- Community for Tomorrow
- John Robb's Global Guerillas
- Transition Network - Provides general information on Transition Towns and includes a global directory of initiatives.
- Global Guerrillas - John Robb's website on "networked tribes, systems disruption, and the emerging bazaar of violence. Resilient Communities, decentralized platforms, and self-organizing futures."
- Jan. 2011 - Shareable
- Community of tomorrow
- OceanArks - Promoting several sustainable technologies, like using plants to clean up polluted water, urban agriculture etc.
- 7.25.08 - Fabuntu
- The Nature of Order - 
- 6.1.08 - Collapse of US Empire
- 6.1.08 - Non Peak Oil
- 5.30.08 - Early OpenFarmTech
- 5.30.08 - BlogLines
- 5.29.08 - Open Farm Hardware
- 5.29.08 - Algal Turf Scrubber
- 5.24.08 - TED talk with Paul Stamets on mycelium
- 5.24.08 - Rodale Institute
- AIDG Business Incubation - http://www.aidg.org/incubation.htm
- Personal Sovereignty Foundation - http://EcoComics.org/personal%20sovereignty%20foundation.html
- Ripple peer money system - http://ripple.sourceforge.net/
- Euclides Mance - Brazil peer economy movement - http://www.solidarius.com.br/mance/index.php?lng=en
- Global directory of environmental technologies - http://www.eco-web.com/
- Project management - http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000076&topic_id=1&topic=Ask%20E%2eT%2e
- Design for Disassembly - http://www.co-design.co.uk/design.htm
- Lakota secede from the Union - http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2007/12/lakota-withdraw.html
- The Story of Stuff - http://www.storyofstuff.com/
- Relocalization Network - http://www.relocalize.net/groups
- Jeff Budderer blog on us - http://blog.onevillage.tv/wp/?p=483
- RMI on Factor 10 cost reduction- http://10xe.com/subpages/tunnel.html
- Wired mag on emergency shelter: http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/multimedia/2007/10/gallery_instant_housing?slide=8&slideView=8
- o.design - http://www4.autistici.org/o.design/modules/news/
- Freedom Force - http://www.freedom-force.org/
- Free conference calls
- Institute for Local Self Reliance
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility - http://www.cpsr.org/about
- Constitution.org on invisible contracts - http://www.constitution.org/mercier/incon.htm
- Anxiety Culture - http://www.anxietyculture.com/contents.htm
- Critical Path primer - http://www.anxietyculture.com/criticalpath.htm
- Mindfully.org- http://www.mindfully.org/About-Mindfully_org.htm
- On distraction - http://www.anxietyculture.com/distract.htm
- Gupta Option - http://guptaoption.com/3.future_islam.php
- China is not doing so well, either: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/ID18Ad01.html + http://www.opendemocracy.net/democracy-climate_change_debate/article_2407.jsp
- Sunvention - http://www.bsrsolar.com/
- Anil Gupta - http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~anilg/
- National Innovation Foundation, India - http://nifindia.org/
- State-in-a-Box governance - http://vinay.howtolivewiki.com/blog/hexayurt/my-state-in-a-box-identity-services-architecture-paper-is-now-online-290
- Hacks in all areas- http://www.hackaday.com/2006/11/07/siamese-electric-motors/
- Adam Kumpf @ MIT - http://web.mit.edu/kumpf/www/index.html + Inventing Sites
- Will O'Brien - http://biobug.org/articles/
- Stanford: Entrepreneurial Design for Extreme Affordability - http://extreme.stanford.edu/index.html
- book "Handy Farm Devices and How to Make Them" (1909) http://www.journeytoforever.org/farm_library/device/devicesToC.htmlRepublic of Lakotah
- Low Tech Magazine and No Tech Magazine
Fabrication, makers and hackers
- Product hacking
- OS metal depository, transaction system http://pktp.co.cc/
- FabFolk - http://www.fabfolk.com/
- Mobile Fab Lab - http://mobilefablab.blogspot.com/
- Fab Lab Forum 4 - http://cba.mit.edu/events/07.08.fab/
- Norway FabLab
- Fab@Home - http://www.fabathome.org/wiki/index.php?title=Fab%40Home:Overview
- The Multimachine - http://opensourcemachine.org/
- Fab Lab promo commercial
- Cowtown Computer Congress - Local Kansas City hackerspace.
- Hackerspaces - Provides general information and a directory of hackerspaces around the world.
- Smari McCarthy, Iceland Fab Lab leader - http://smari.yaxic.org/blag/2007/10/16/an-offer-you-cant-refuse/
- Make Blog - http://blog.makezine.com/
- Instructibles - http://www.instructables.com/
- DIY Life - http://www.diylife.com/
- Ready Made Blog - http://readymade.com/blogs/rmblog
- Finkbuilt, a tinkerer's blog
- HumbleFactory - very innovative ideas for open hardware
- Growing Power, based in Chicago and Milwaukee. Educating people about local food systems. Aquaponics, beekeeping, wormeries.
- ArkFab. This seems to have an identical vision to OSE: to create a post-scarcity world thru open-source development of local food systems and digital fabrication.
- cd3wd. 13 gigabytes of information on development for the 3rd world
- Dasagavya: organic growth promoter for plants - http://www.hindu.com/seta/2006/05/18/stories/2006051801921800.htm
- Refarm the city
- 5.25.08 - Chaordic Permaculture Institute
- Organic Hydroponic Lettuce Production - http://www.organitech.com/index.php?goto=bep
- FAO knowledge forum. Huge online collexion of knowledge on farming. SARD initiative focuses on educating people about sustainable agriculture
- Institute for Simplified Hydroponics
- Growing Edge
Appropriate technology & development
- The Full Belly Project, open-source appropriate technology. Inventors of the universal nut sheller
- Appropedia, open-content encyclopedia of appropriate technology
- Tiny Tech India, tools for small-scale rural development
- Earthship Biotecture - With a background of 40 years of research and development of self-sufficient housing made from recycled materials, Earthship Biotecture focuses on development of Earth friendly and people friendly community living concepts that require little or no mortgage payment and no utility bills.
- Vinay Gupta's Hexayurt
- Open Architecture Network
- Geiger Research Institute of Sustainable Building - http://grisb.org/
- OIKOS Green Building Sources
- Cal-Earth promotes 'superadobe' building
- Dwell Magazine
- Open Source Architecture manifesto
- P2P Foundation blog on the open economy - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/what-kind-of-economy-are-we-moving-to-1-overview-of-attention-economy-concepts/2007/10/03
- Open Product Design from Christian Fiebig, Germany - http://opensourceproductdesign.org/
- 6.15.08 - Model beyond copyright
- Open Source development theory - http://www.guptaoption.com/5.open_source_development.php
- 6.15.08 - Holonic Management
- 6.4.08 - Give Bank Open Source Product Design
- 6.4.08 - peer economy emergence - threat or boon?
- Berkeley Center for Open Innovation - http://openinnovation.haas.berkeley.edu/Home_COI.html
- P2P Foundation wiki and blog
- P2P Economy for business - http://p2peconomy.com/
- Hot off the press (Oct. '07) on physical production - http://www.peerconomy.org/wiki/Main_Page by Christian Siefkes, Ph.D.
- 4.9.08 - OS is antidote to planned obsolescence - []
- 4.9.08 - Design Club - http://opendesignclub.com/index.php/About.html
- Feb. 2011 - Open MythSource: http://openmythsource.com/ - interviewed on the Agroinnovations Podcast
- 5.5.2011 - Cultural Creatives: http://culturalcreatives.cc/the-revolution-movie
Ecovillages, ashrams and resilient communities
- Dandelion Village - Based in Bloomington, Indiana, USA - currently using an OSE CEB Press to build a home, more to come
- Gaviotas revisited
- J.T. Lyle Center for Regenerative Studies - an experiment in sustainable living in California
- Global Ecovillage Network - "The Global Ecovillage Network (GEN) is a growing network of sustainable communities and initiatives that bridge different cultures, countries, and continents. GEN serves as umbrella organization for ecovillages, transition town initiatives, intentional communities, and ecologically-minded individuals worldwide."
- The Farm - http://www.thefarm.org/lifestyle/index.html
- Vigyan Ashram - new education - http://vigyanashram.com/ - email@example.com
- Auroville, see Auroville Earth Institute
- The New Z-Land Project - "The New Z-Land Project's mission is to create a prototype circular city and sustainable community in New Zealand which will subscribe to a Resource Sharing Society."
- Resilient Communities - Blog run by Bob Stilger that focuses on healthy and resilient communities.
- Mt Best, a homestead in Australia. Website has some innovative ideas on energy efficiency etc.
- Eco Sustainable Village, consultants for building sustainable communities
- Village Forum - A website helping people create small communities
- Tamera - "Tamera’s aim is to develop an example of a model for a nonviolent co-existence of people and between people and nature."
- Berkana - "Berkana and our partners share the clarity that whatever the problem, community is the answer. We prepare for an unknown future by creating strong and sustainable relationships, by wisely stewarding the earth’s resources, and by building resilient communities."
- Atlas Initiative Group - "The mission of the Atlas Initiative Group is to design, plan and build Atlas City in America, providing a peaceful transition model from a monetary based system economy to a resource based system economy demonstrated through an advanced city which will maximize automation and provide the highest standard of living for its participants."
- 7.17.08 - A new country - http://wiki.aardsource.org/Main_Page
- 7.1.08 - Ephemerisle - a festival held at sea to get people thinking about the possibilities of living at sea. Now discontinued.
- http://www.damanhur.org/ Damanhur]
- Buckminster Fuller Institute
- Unreasonable Institute - "At Unreasonable Institute we give high-impact social entrepreneurs wings. We are an international accelerator and investor in early stage social ventures and we seek out 25 of the world's most brilliant and bold social entrepreneurs to attend our annual 6 week Institute. There we will unite these entrepreneurs (deemed Unreasonable Fellows) and pair them with personal and entrepreneurial skill training, daily guidance from over 50 expert mentors, as well as opportunities and access to the seed capital their ventures need to take flight. " (Nikolay: not sure whether this one can be of direct help, but is here just for the record).
- The Awesome Foundation, founded to increase the amount of awesomeness in the world. Members of each local chapter pool together $1000 a month and give it to whoever has an idea for doing something awesome.
- 1000 True Fans - http://www.kk.org/thetechnium/archives/2008/03/1000_true_fans.php
- Feb. 2011 - All Power Labs: Gasifier Experimenters Kit: http://www.gekgasifier.com/
- 6.2.08 - another Tesla turbine thingy
- 6.2.08 - Kimmel Steam Power
- Boundary Layer Turbines - http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/Devices/TeslaTurbine/index.html
- Flash steam Babington oil buner on Youtube
- Ken Boak's oil and wood power - http://www.geocities.com/kenboak/wastewatts.html
- Page from Green Trust site on vegetable oil burner
- The BIOFAB: International Open Facility Advancing Biotechnology (BIOFAB) was founded in December 2009 as the world's first biological design-build facility. This professionally staffed public-benefit facility was initiated by a grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF) and is led by bioengineers from UC Berkeley and Stanford University. The BIOFAB is operated in partnership with Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), the BioBricks Foundation (BBF), and the Synthetic Biology Engineering Research Center (SynBERC).
- List of Bioenergy companies
- JLN Labs - Free-Energy solutions and new generation of space-propulsion systems.
- BingoFuel - Alternative Fuels researches.
Economics and abundance
- In This Age of Plenty from Louis Even.
- Open protocols and standards to exchange new units of value : http://open-udc.org.
- Futurism - http://thevenusproject.com/resource_eco.htm.
- Chris Anderson on post scarcity economics
- Research Based Open Source Environment - "A collaboration platform for the development of open sourced solutions based on resource management and implementing them in our daily lives."
- The Zeitgeist Movement - A global movement dedicated to promoting and educating about sustainable development.
- People-Centered Economic Development - Advocacy for an alternate economic paradigm measured in human terms.