Garbage Disposal (Disambiguation Page)
(Redirected from Garbage Disposal)
Garbage Disposal for Seed Eco-Home?
- No, not particularly eco. See https://www.houzz.com/discussions/709459/yes-or-no-to-having-a-garbage-disposal. 15/70 yes/no.
- Convenience. But basically, it's sending the problem down the river, metaphorically and practically.
- Reduces your garbage load. But you rob paul to pay peter - you're just making the problem not your own.
- Taxing waste system of cities - more waste treatment capacity
- If you are on a septic - more frequent pumpout - 2x frequency mentioned
- Nasty ass shit inside, one guy hated the gnats that breed in it
- Encourages people to send all types of crap down there - and thus clogs
- It appears to be an appliance that has to be replaced most often
- It can smell
- You have to know what can be shredded and what not - for ex, apple peels ok, potato peels not ok.
- You can burn it out if you send bones down it
- Deprives of good use of nutrients- such as making compost, vermiposting, or feeding chickens
- Wet Waste Grinder the kitchen/utility room device often reffered to as a "garbage disposal"
- Pnuematic Refuse Collection a system similar to capsule pnuematic tubes used at banks, but for compacted "slugs" of waste such as:
- A Door to Door Garbage Disposal Service, see Door to Door Recycling Service (Enterprise Model)