Team Culturing Information
Last updated: 1/3/2012
WHO are you?
- Name - Garrick Revels
- Location (city, country) - Tampa, USA
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - garrick (at) gcmconstruction (dot) com
- Introductory Video
- Resume/CV - I'm the President and state license holder of a construction company in Tampa. My background is in concrete foundation and masonry walls, I draft all the structural drawing that we use for permitting and construction. I I started as a labor pouring concrete so I have hands on experience that is very useful when I'm working on a new design.
Link to my construction company http://www.gcmconstruction.com/
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I feel this is the way of the future and its a positive way to stop all the greed in this county (USA). I try to live my life by helping other and nothing expected in return.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
because a project of this size takes a team of people to achieve. I have the CAD and a little knowledge to use it, i would like to do my part to help more people then just myself.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
Give people the tools to create a better life.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
3rd world work, homeless work.
- What is missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Architecture- Cad Drafting and building standards (Florida Building Code)
Construction- 11 years in concrete foundations, masonry walls, grading (Dirt), Trash collection on construction sites (dumpsters), concrete pumping.
Others- Working with the local government on different project to get approvals, a big part of this is building new bus stops on government property (lots of meetings and red tape)
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes 10-20Hrs per week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
No. I have to work to support my family and pay my bills. I wish I could.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
not right now.
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
Not yet. Will to help with CAD drawing and take it from there.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
I can't quite my job, I have 28 employees and that would hurt them and there family's.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
I wish I could but it will not work out.