HabLab Operations and Maintenance
Cleaning, Maintenance, Food
- Food budget if people cook - $15/day
- Food budget if catered - $25/day
- Making beds, cleaning, washing sheets - 16 hours at $25/hr - $400/ session
- Propane refills - $20/bottle
- winterizing water
- Mowing - 2 hours at $50 once every month
- Electricity - $100/month
- Internet - $100/month
- Water - $1/person/day
- Gas - $20/bottle
- Pool - 10,000 gallon, $200 per fill.
- Pool supplies
- Liner - replaced every 5 years
- pool pump - 5 cents per hour, $1/day
- Workshop - $200 to clean - one day at $25/hr
- Road graveling - $200/year
Total expenses - between $20 and $40 per day
Hiring a Cook
- A Cook would need $3k per month
- That is $100 per day on top of shopping costs
- If Catering is $25 per day and ingredients are $15, equivalent cost occurs for an audience of 10 students for hiring a cook. If catering is $35 per day, then breakeven is 5 students.
- We could hire a workshop participant to do this at $100/day, or $700 per week. But that detracts from the workshop experience. Possible but suboptimal.
- Another option is $15/day food cost if students cook themselves with access to barbecue and kitchen.
- scenario - 5 students at $25/day - 35 days x 25 *5 = $4375. Cook at $3k + 15*5*35=$5625. Add the boot camp, 8 more people x 15 x 7 = $840 = $6465, compared to $5775 for catered total 5 weeks.