How Diamonds are Made
- This can be done to different levels and via different techniques
- Low level abrasive diamonds (for saws etc) are already widely produced
- Higher Level Optical Quality Ones are more elusive, yet still attainable
High pressure, High Temperature
- Plasma deposition - pump out the air, strike an arc with a feed gas, and watch them grow at 900-1200C.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_diamond - 10,000 atmospheres
- Good experiment - 3000 PSI cylinder, 7", focused on 1" pin, provides 50x the pressure of 3000 PSI (200 atmospheres). There we already have 10000 atmospheres. Now we just need the heat. A 7" cylinder could provide 10000 atmospheres without leverage.
Chemical Vapor Deposition
Detonation of explosives