How to Revive a Dead Forklift Battery
- How do desulfate batteries - 
- Hydrometer measures specific gravity of electrolyte - 
- Questions - how to knock off sulfate and replace battery acid?
- Specific gravity of bat acid - 
- Throw powder down each battery - is this just a base to react with sulfate? 
- Use a battery load tester to test if battery is back up
- Looks like a good instructional on Epsom salt method - . Magnesium reacts with the lead sulphate, nonconductive crystals go away. The thing I don't understand - if the battery reaction involves sulfation - when does sulfation become irreversible? Only when too much sulfation happened, ie, you drained the bat too deep, and you can't get to the underlying metal?
- It seems that nobody really understands why sulfation is not fully reversible 
- This research paper shows micrograph of crystals. Still, it is not clear that sulfation is well understood.  This one, however, shows the concept of shedding - when crystals form, sometimes pieces of lead break off from the spongy lead in the form of crystalized lead. So the lead essentially sheds off the electrode. I would guess we can recover lead sulfate to lead - but - battery will break if the lead is not attached to the electrodes any longer. The electrode material is simply degraded. Ok.
- Use epsom salt - mgso4 - . This is great series - . Half cup of epsom salt with water.
- Showed 3 mOhm resistance across 12v bat.
- Instructional on using epsom salt to dissolve sulfate -