Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine
- An Internal Combustion Engine that runs on Hydrogen as it's fuel
- Often abbreviated as HICE
- From Gov't pub - . Page 3-19 - hydrogen engines at zero emissions (running lean at 2x the stoichiometric oxygen) - produce half the power of comparable gasoline engines. Thus, they need to be 2x the size. This is still lighter than diesels, given that gas cars get 10x the Specific Power of diesels.
- The Section of The Wikipedia Page on Internal Combustion Engines on Hydrogen Utilization
- The Wikipedia Page on HICEVs
- "Chapter 7a Hydrogen Internal Combustion Engine" from the book "Hydrogen Technology - Mobile and Portable Applications" (20 USD or so just for the chapter...)
- A Paper Entitled "Module 3: Hydrogen Use in Internal Combustion Engines"
- where is this from? Has great info, but says both energy.gov and College of the Desert ?