(Redirected from Installing Macros in FreeCAD)
- Macros are Python programs in FreeCAD that can be used to add functionality or shortcuts to FreeCAD.
- Useful for rapid workflow: if you have a bunch of steps to communicate through the user interface - just activate a macro instead to save you time.
- Sometimes these programs require supporting data files, such as CSVs or PNGs - or whatever supporting data that the macro requires.
Set yourself up for rapid rotation of objects:
FreeCAD.DraftWorkingPlane.alignToPointAndAxis(FreeCAD.Vector(0,0,0), FreeCAD.Vector(-0.0,-1.0,-0.0), 0) FreeCADGui.Snapper.setGrid(init=True)
Adding Downloaded Macros
- To add a macro to FreeCAD - find the Macros directory by going to FreeCAD->File->Preferences->Macros - which shows the macros directory such as /home/marcin/.FreeCAD
- Download a macro
- Drag and drop the macro into the Macros directory
- Drag and drop any supporting data files into the same directory
Installing and Running Macros