PVC Pipe and Fittings Library
This is a library of all the current PVC Pipe and Fittings that have been made in freecad for OSE. Many fittings can be created using OSE Piping Workbench.
Pipe dimensions used in literature
- O.D. - outer diameter.
- Average I.D. - average inner diameter (why average?). This dimension determines the size of the pipe.
- Min. Wall - thickness of the pipe wall.
- Schedule - determines (indirectly) the thickness of the wall.
- 1.5" elbow -
- 2" coupler - File:2inchcoupler.fcstd
Parts Generated Using the OSE Piping Workbench + Other
Toilet Parts - Includes closet flange, 3" elbow with 2" heel, long 3" elbow - File:Toiletparts.fcstd
1.5" rotatable trap - FreeCAD -File:15rottrap.fcstd
2" sanitary tee - FreeCAD -File:2doublesantee.fcstd
3" to 1.5" reducer bushing - FreeCAD -File:3to15bushing.fcstd
3" wye - size:80kb - FreeCAD -File:3wye.fcstd
3" 45 degree street elbow - size:80kb - FreeCAD -File:345streetbend.fcstd
1.5" 45 degree street elbow - size:80kb - FreeCAD -File:1545streetbend.fcstd
1.5" elbow - size:30kb - FreeCAD -File:15elbow.fcstd
2 inch tee - size: 25k - FreeCAD -File:2tee.fcstd
SCH40 1" PVC pipe - size:5kb - FreeCAD -File:Pipe-test.fcstd,
Elbow test file. Here alpha° is 45°. - size:21kb - FreeCAD -File:Elbow-test.fcstd,
1"-1/2" coupling test file - size:17kb - FreeCAD -File:Coupling-test.fcstd
1"-1/2" bushing - size:21kb - FreeCAD -File:Bushing-test.fcstd
1" tee test file - size:28kb - FreeCAD -File:Tee-test.fcstd
1" cross test file - size:34kb - FreeCAD -File:Cross-test.fcstd
1" outer corner test file - size:30kb - FreeCAD -File:Corner-test.fcstd
Library of STEP Downloads from McMaster Carr
Comparable in size to generated parts - except for some parts which are way too heavy.
1" PVC Elbow - size:19kb - FreeCAD -File:1"-pvc-elbow.fcstd,
1" PVC Tee - size:25kb - FreeCAD -File:1"-pvc-tee.fcstd,
1" PVC Valve - size:500kb - FreeCAD -File:1"-pvc-valve.fcstd,
1"-3/4" PVC Bushing - size:13kb - FreeCAD -File:1"-34"-reducer.fcstd,
1" PVC Cross - size:13kb - FreeCAD -File:1"-cross.fcstd,
2" PVC Elbow - size:157kb - FreeCAD -File:2"-elbow.fcstd,
- Do we really want to 3D-print pipe fittings? Somehow I have doubt about mechanical properties of the 3D-printed products.
- Yes. For high pressure applications - 300 PSI - we would have to be very careful. For low pressure, such as 5 PSI, it's not a problem. Eventually, we want to refine printing techniques where our fittings can do what standard schedule 80 ABS fittings can do.