Team Culturing Information
last updated: 10. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Jacob Madden
- Location (city, country) - Sarasota, FL, USA
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - jacob (dot) madden (at) gmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video - none yet
- Resume/CV -
University of Southern California
MS in Computer Science with specialization in Intelligent Robotics
Georgia Institute of Technology
BS Computer Engineering
Clark College - Vancouver, WA
Adjunct Instructor Computer Science & Engineering
Evolution Robotics - Pasadena, CA
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories, ISX Lab - Camarillo, CA
Dell Inc - Austin, TX
Computer Engineering Internships
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Yes, I believe the nurturing of an open source culture is a way for accelerating the development of sustainable technologies and communities.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
Our philosophies overlap and I see mutual benefit in collaboration.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
Low-cost, modular, serviceable machines are critical to mass transition from our current cultures to more localized, sustainable, and self sufficient communities.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Need to learn more and experiment with some of the designs. Possibly meet up in person or virtually with potential collaborators to share ideas and resources.
- What are you missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
More development related to water technologies. I think water is the lifeblood of a farm/community. Coastal communities could take advantage of open source desalination machines.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Computer programming - embedded and applications-for robots, machines, handhelds, debugging apps, etc
Internet technology development
Electronics - soldering, measurements and testing, multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, schematic analysis
Strong presentation presence and delivery skills
Video editing and special effects
Project planning and leadership experience
Teaching experience at all levels and multiple cultures
Learning spanish and other languages
Strong math and engineering skills
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Use my skills when they overlap with the needs of GVCS
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes, 15-20 hours per week or more during DPV
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
If it makes sense, project-specific
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes, very interested.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Not at the moment
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
Not at the moment. Need to meet more people before investing. I am currently saving for a piece of land.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Yes, very interested