Team Culturing Information
last updated: 19. June, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - James Wise
- Location (city, country) - Oklahoma
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - dorkmo (at) gmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
i think its a fun and productive group with possibilities to change peoples lives.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
at first i think it will help farmers all over accomplish more work by having access to tools they can build. hopefully it grows from there.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
i hope to see collaborative groups form and people like working together on problems and improvements
- What are you missing in the project?
ii'd like things to hit a critical mass so everyone can see the past work done and have a more clear view of the future. i think its almost there, just like the documentation needs a little polish, filling some holes. and maybe it would be good to have a standard procedure for recognizing problems and making improvements.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
i think its been talked about but i think it would be good to have someone be a switch board between people that want to help and work that needs to be done. i cant think of any other specific things. everything seems to be moving in the right direction.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
finances - i'm an okay bookkeeperfabrication - i can put stuff together alright, i cant weld. i can use a saw and a drill.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
i've done some housekeeping on the wiki. ive added a few ideas here and there. i put together most of a CEB control box. i started work on a water swivel for the well drilling rig.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
im happy doing what im doing so far. i would like to build some more stuff, but i can only really work on stuff thats within my capabilities, so ill probly pick up a thing here or there.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
i think i've been putting in 5 to 10 a week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
i am interested. i would need to get some time off work and clear up my calendar. im not sure what project i would work on but i would like to help out where needed day to day.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
not at the moment
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
not at the moment, i'm still boycotting paypal after the wikileaks stuff. i've been trying to help out in other areas to make up for it.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
i think im too much a nomad to do anything full-time
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
i would like to drill a geothermal well in the future
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
that might be fun