Team Culturing Information
last Updated: 06. 09, 2011.
WHO are you?
- Name:Jamie Clarke
- Location:Essex, England
- Contact,Skype: pseudo judo
- Introduction Video -
- C/V:Garden landscaper for 5 years, my family has always grown food on an allotment, its a continually improving process but i what i have learned is invaluable to me. Expert in geodesic domes and other novel architectural systems.City and guilds certified in strawbale construction, experience on ecological lime block construction and im in close communication volunteering with http://www.brightonpermaculture.org.uk/ at the first earthship in the UK. My mum self built the prefabricated house i live in now and we have a cooperative with a local farmer to use an acre of land for free which we are in the first year of now. Experience in DIY solar panel construction and VAWT. Currently learning welding, eletronics and sketchup -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you support open source culture? In a similar theme to salivdor dali, I dont support open source, i am open source.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us? Im really interested in meeting everyone and working with will, alvaro, nikolay, jalil, jesus, alba, erik eva, ezequiel and all the other great people who want to make millares the first site of OSE Eu.
- How do you think the GVCS 50 and open source hardware can address pressing world issues? I believe the gvcse 50 is part of a happy ending to the greatest story ever told. In the universe. With a few more bells and whistles, there isn't a process i cant imagine taking care of with it !
- What do you like about OSE europe?I like how everyone develops ideas together in the open, encourages constant innovation and keeps up to date through conference calls on sky and teamspeak.
- What should happen so that you can become more involved in OSE europe? I need to get an income so i can start sourcing materials and or come up with a complete development plan for millares.
- What is missing from OSE europe? We don't have a formal way to make a group decision. We also need a clear cost plan for solar fire and millares in general
- Can you make any suggestions to improve OSE europe? I think everything is going well if we can keep exchanging information we will come up with a clear plan in december when there will be a meeting of members from europe in spain to survey millares.
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas, at what level (beginner, intermediate, advanced) and where did you practice them:
- Communications -
- Organizational -
- Fundraising -
- Finances -
- Public Relations/Marketing -
- Web Development -
- Video/Graphics/Art -
- Strawbale construction certified. brighton earthship -
- Geodesic domes. Foundations for sheds. Patios, curbing, gazebos, polytunnels. Cement mixing, general labouring, , underground waste plumbing, tree cutting, painting and decorating, renovation of a victorian house, houses and flats, chasing out for electrics, landscaping and general destruction-
- Geodesic domes -
- Agriculture and Food Production - 5th generation food producer. Currently using an allotment and 1 acre field. 2000 litre rain water catchment tanks. Experience in making wine and mushroom cultivation. Experience with companion planting. experience with small scale orchards and tree pruning. experience with permaculture. currently learning aquaponics, vertical gardening and food forestry.
- Woodworking - Geodesic dome construction, cutting dimensional timber, sanding, raised bed construction, shelving.
- Electronics - Experience in solar panel construction and encapsulation, building a charge controller at the moment.
- Automation -
- Metallurgy -
- Engineering -
- CAD Design -
- Fabrication -
- Energy - Solar panel system design, battery bank system design, experience with energy conservation.
- CNC -
- Chemistry - BTEC harlow college
- Product Design -
- Others -
- How have you already contributed to OSE, OSE Europe and Open Source Hardware?
Realising my videos under the creative commons attribution license: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqchod2M76A
HOW can you help?
- How do you want to contribute?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week? Or do you have a free timeframe (week, month)? I can offer alot of help :) at the moment im doing about an hour a day online and two hours prototyping the food production system.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate? If you want to pay me to build the system for you and then leave i will charge 500 pounds for a 6m dome and 1500 for a 12m dome. For aquaponics system set up will charge 500 euros for 100 fish system and 1500 euros for a 1000 fish system. I am willing to make at least one 12m dome and 1000 fish aquaponics tank for free if the funding is donated.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit in OSE Communities in Europe? If so in which country?
Spain or anywhere in europe.
- Are you interested in being part of one of the OSE communities in Europe? If so in which country?
Yes, millares or anywhere.
- Are you interested in building GVCS or other Open Source Hardware equipment in Europe? If so which ones?
solar fire, laser cutter, 3d printer, robotic arm, gasifier, universal power supply etc..... I dont not support development of the clay aluminium extractor as i feel this will contaminate any site it is used on with uranium hexaflouride. extraction from bauxite creates uranium laden phosphate which is used in agriculture.
- Are you an OSE True Fan? If not, why not?
Im currently unemployed and feel my energy would be better spent developing prototypes.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Do you own land which could be of interest to us to develop an OSE Community or an Open Enterprise?
Your Friends and Community
- What friends, people, communities and organizations do you know who are already doing valuable work for a better future? For example: open source hardware/software, sustainable agriculture, natural building, renewable energy, abundance based economies, local production or others? talking to someone on youtube who got EU funding for a project similar to mine, waiting to find out more.
- What are the technological (machines, tools, structures, ...) and biological (people, animals, plants, ...) needs of your community so that it becomes self-sufficient locally and globally connected?
My family needs access to LED lighting, electricity, rainwater collection, sewage treatment and natural gas.
- Are your friends and community doing valuable work for a better future? How can they become more involved in this process and share more with everyone?
Yes they are, i will make sure to include them in my youtube videos more!