Team Culturing Information
Last updated: November 22, 2012
WHO are you?
- Name - Jason Howell
- Location (city, country) - Atlantic City, NJ
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - jason (at) motivepicture (dot) com
- Picture - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasongrahamhowell/5385780528/in/set-72157621576926118
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - EXPERIENCE
Alternate Ending Studios – February – 2007 -2012
• “The Longest Swim” Feature 2012
• “The Kill Hole” Feature 2012
• “The Briefcase” Feature 2011
• “Seduced by a Mail Order Bride” Short 2010
• “Audrey” Short 2010
• “The Briefcase” Feature Film
• “Dirty Night Clowns” Music Video
• “Hip-star” Music Video
Director of Photography
• “Return to Wilderness – The Pinelands”(in progress)
• “American M.D.” Episode 2-3 2012 www.americanmd.org
• “Grand Isle,La” – Documentary 2010
• WPSJ-TV Channel 8 Winslow NJ
• Law and Order SVU - NBC 2009
• 30 Rock - NBC 2009
• “Gulliver’s Travels” - 20th Century Fox 2010
• “The Bounty” - Columbia Pictures 2010
Member of the Board of Trustees – Ocean City Arts Center
NJ Certified Volunteer Naturalist
Colorist – Media Mobilizing Project
Atlantic Cape Community College
Richard Stockton College of NJ 2005-2008
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Yes. Open-source culture is a new branch in the evolution of democracy.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I am interested in projects that discover and implement new concepts by connecting the accumulated ideas of generations in order to improve life quality and the human-earth connection. Open source ecology is the most advanced expression of that idea.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I consider many of the problems of human civilization to stem from the inability to live cooperatively with each other and with nature. The GVCS along with old and new concepts such as mixed used zoning and walkable communities will help to harmonize human habitat and democratize the economics of production.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I am currently involved the interviewing process to be able to come work on the farm.
- What is missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
I am an experienced film-maker and video producer with a focus on camerawork, editing, and color grading. I am also an experienced and award-winning photographer with experience in many different environments and situations.
I have a developing knowledge in organic food production, permaculture, and naturalism with a focus on conservation.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I am interested in helping the project with its video needs of filming, editing, organizing, and publishing footage.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes, I am interested in helping full-time for a period of 1-2 months.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Not at the present time.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes, I am in the interview phase of one now.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
Not at this time.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
Not at the moment, but I will be as soon as I have a more steady income.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
I would be open to the idea in the future.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment â€“ a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
I may be interested in being part of that project and or helping with the documentation of it.