Team Culturing Information
last updated: 20. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - John Herold
- Location (city, country) - Pickens, SC, USA
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
Aneiren (at) gmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I do. I believe it will encourage the flourishing of new lifestyles and perspectives. This sort of Cosmopolitan explosion will invariably improve arts, sciences, and technology, and thereby improve quality of life.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
My life goals and dreams can be achieved through collaboration with this project.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
By providing an experimental space to develop alternatives to existing inadequate solutions
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
- What are you missing in the project?
The organization and infrastructure to effectively manage a widely dispersed and dynamic team of part-time participants. An organizational core of full time members would be helpful.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Develop an organizational core and consider implementing a business model that provides a free open source produce but generates revenues through maintenance and customization services
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Communications:Engineering and technical documentation
Organizational:Engineering Management skills
Computer support:limited knowledge of setting up and using mediawiki
Design:mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing knowledge and design experience.
Engineering:On the job experience with consumer outdoor products
Product Design:on the job experience
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Limited participation several months ago, due to improvements in my financial circumstances I can commit more energy to this effort
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
CAD work, Project Leader, Organizational Input
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Varies, around 10 perhaps more.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes, Design Engineer at $25/hr, project rate varies depending upon requirements.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
Maybe in the future, but not at this time.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
I will be very soon.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Yes, I would love to.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
Yes, especially from the manufacturing package.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Finances willing it would be a dream come true.