Team Culturing Information
last updated: 2. July, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - John Nordquist
- Location (city, country) - Hector, NY USA
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
jn (at) andersengraving (dot) com
voice/text: 585 737 8500
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
http://andersengraving.com I founded in 1984 to present.
General Railway Signal
1981-1984 Steel Foundry Supervisor
1980-1981 Metallurgical Technician
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
Yes, in design and manufacturing
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
It's time to go back to a locally based economy. This appears to be one of your major goals.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Present me with a problem or task that is in my area of skill/interest. I did have a meeting with Mark Norton concerning the steam engine development. That does interest me.
- What are you missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Manual Machining: Milling, Turning, Boring, Engraving, Grinding(surface and cylindrical), Tool and Die Making, CAD/CAM, many other basic skills. Worked in an induction facility.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes, I will present a written Quotation
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.