Team Culturing Information
last updated: 16. September, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - John Wheeler
- Location (city, country) - Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - jdwheeler42 (at) yahoo (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
- Hobbies and Pastimes -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Emphatically YES! However, I am definitely more in the "free speech" camp than the "free beer" camp.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
Because the GVCS is the best plan I have seen for transitioning from petroleum addiction
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
Yes. I already try to do so informally with my friends and colleagues.
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies?
- Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
I think those are wonderful things but am not interested in getting involved personally.
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
Very much so
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
Not particularly interested in academic studies or analysis, but possibly other written materials
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power)?
- Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
I am very interested in building resilient communities. I see the GVCS as a useful "tool".
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
I think the GVCS can make the global monetary systems irrelevant.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts?
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation?
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
- Do you have any other comments that you'd like to make?
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
- What are you missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- What have you already contributed to the OSE project? (technical contributions, blogging about us, financial support, organizing events, translations, interviews, video editing, publications, publicity work, behind-the-scenes work, CAD work, wiki contributions, computer support, etc)
- I am a free-lance writer and have created marketing materials.
- I am a Senior Tax Advisor with H&R Block
- I can cook but have never done so for more than 10 people. I have been gardening for many years.
- I have taken courses in ecoarchitecture. I designed a Z80 based computer.
- I can do basic home repair.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Editing wiki pages, Permaculture Design, open source agroecology, promotion and marketing
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Possibly for special visits
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes; Permaculture design and agroecosystem management; per project, room, board, travel, and a small honorarium.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes, for permaculture design; most immediately for forest management
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
Yes, if a need arises
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
Not yet, my income is too unpredictable.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.