With Jon Miller, Brian Weinberg
Jon Miller - https://www.vetsmakeit.com/
Brian Weinberg - https://regeneration.us/
- USA - 2 orgs that credential employers and school- dept of labor, dept of education
- National Recognized certificate of apprentice - exportable employers
- Employer route - apprentice is someone who works 30 hours per week. Earning at least 50% of fully qualified rate.
- As edu - go through dept of Education
- 3 options - edu - tuition up to a certain amount, can include room and board (or if it includes tuition-room-and-board), on-the-job,
- They typically want to see a track record of success
- Pays tuition, cash housing allowance, based on zip code. $1900/mo on top of tuition
- Jon only dealt with employers
- Warrior transition unit - deep into red tape - cost and impact on a younger person
- Ex - concrete installer. Wrote the curriculum.
- Develop work process
- On-the-job training via VA. Similar - difference is pathway - not same credentialing. VA focus is healthcare. Don't talk to dept of labor.
- MESE -
- Wage question
- Veteran GI - school route - tuition + room and board
- As an on-the-job training - only room and board is paid
- 2-6 month certification program
- 36 month limit for GI bill
- $1200-$2000 per month for veterans - + whatever employer pays
- Veteran's complex