Joshua D Johnson
Team Culturing Information
last updated: 19. April, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name/Nationality/Ethnicity - Joshua D. Johnson, U.S. American
- Location – Philadelphia, PA
- Contact Information –
ObjectsUnlimited (at) gmail (dot) come
twitter at @Protobotind
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV – 
- Hobbies and Pastimes - Family related activities, anything where we can work together, anything science related. I am a scoutmaster and occasionally SCUBA dive or travel
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in this work?
I want to see the OS culture expand and become an everyday part of life for everyone.
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?'
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies?
- Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
Yes, If I can't build them myself
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
Yes, very much so.
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
Yes, as long as everyone including myself is "distributed" to according to what we contribute
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power).
Yes, specifically wind power
- Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
I am always interested in bugless huts.
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
open source development levels the playing field for everyone regardless of how much money you have or had it gives freely to you based on how hard you work and your intentions
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts?
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation?
education about consequences of actions leading to overpopulation. teaches us how to feed each other regardless of race, creed, color, capita density.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
by teaching soil conservation methods, high yield farming methods etc,
- Other comments
Yes, sorry my comments are so brief. This form timed out twice already and I am tired of typing. I really like this and am very willing to contribute
- What have you already contributed to the OSE project? (technical contributions, blogging about us, financial support, organizing events, translations, interviews, video editing, publications, publicity work, behind-the-scenes work, CAD work, wiki contributions, computer support, etc)
Very little. I designed an organic soils processinc facilitya few years ago that also used dredge spoils as mass. I designed a shipping container based aquaponics system ( modular.) and am currently working on an open source cartesian robot and the above mentioned wind turbine.
- I am good at Sketch Up and visualizing/designing things, I don't have any marketing specific training.
- I am a Facilities manager and good at organizing people and their functions
- I use Open Office, Sketchup, Gimp etc.
- I like to devise business models, I don't believe in business plans. You have a business model (ie, something you are actively pursuing and just need help with.
- I can hash out details as they pertain to my strengths
- I can cook, I can grow food well. I grew up in an Ag town in S. Idaho/N. Utah. I can milk goats, kill chickens, a little canning, making bread etc.
- see above. I am good with Sketch Up and can hand render things so they are buildable.
- A little of each, I never machined gears, I have a MasterCam cert and have a sawmill, I have built lots of houses. etc
Electronics and Magnetics
- I am familiar with basic electronics, circuit design etc and could build PCB's if required.
- See above RE: cartesian robot
- I am familiar with low temp metals ( aluminum and cooler.)
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes, 4hours per week virtually and a few weeks a year on location if there is a free plane ticket involved
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes, all the above services are offered. I would prefer to stay in PA but can relocate if the situation is VERY stable and going a direction I am good with.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
Sure, what do you have?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Yes, please RFQ me if something comes up
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
Yes, I am...
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Yes, See above. I'd like to talk about it or be asked specific questions
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology – as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Sure, tell me when and where.