Team Culturing Information
last updated: 8. February, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name/Nationality/Ethnicity - Julia Valentine, USA
- Location – Sebastopol California
- Contact Information – Julia Valentine - 8356 Bodega Ave Sebastopol CA - juliasvalentine at gmail dot com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV – I need to update my resume. As soon as I do, I will add it to this survey.
- Hobbies and Pastimes - Gardening, permaculture, reading, Transition Sebastopol (transitionsebastopol.org), my children and community, cooking, knitting, yoga, hiking
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
OS models encourage individuals to take into their own hands that which has been traditionally relegated the marketplace; creat
- Why are you interested in this work?
My work with Permaculture and Transition Sebastopol, has led me to believe that there are missing elements in both of these models or relocalization. Without a proper economic base, we will never succed in establishing truly resilient communities.
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?'
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
I would love to use the GVCS, and I would love to gain the skills necessary to build them myself!
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies?
I'm interested in helping to establish enterprise using the GVCS in the context of a village.
- Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
I am interested in building a village here in my community that incorporates flexible fab.
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
I would blog
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
If I had the $, this is where I would put it
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
I envision a network of villages with different manufacturi
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power).
I am interested in supporting this effort.
- Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
I would be more interested in a mobile microhouse
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
If we create self sufficient communities, the global monetary systems will be irrelevant. GVCS has the potential, when used with well organized social structures, to create all that we need to survive and thrive outside of the industrial growth machine.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts?
Yes. See above
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation?
If families are supplied with the power to create all that they need from local resources, population control will naturally follow. However, population control is also linked to access to healthcare and education for women. Without addressing the inequties between the sexes, and giving women equal access to power/resources, we will not see great changes in this area. This is a far ore complex problem than GVCS can conquer alone.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
If we shorten the long and delicate supply chain
- Other comments
- What have you already contributed to the OSE project? (technical contributions, blogging about us, financial support, organizing events, translations, interviews, video editing, publications, publicity work, behind-the-scenes work, CAD work, wiki contributions, computer support, etc)
I am working on organizational structures and fundraising at this time.
- I would be interested in blogging about our developmental processes.
- I am a great networker and have strong PR skills
- yes. This is a subject that is greatly interesting to me
- I can cook for a group of 200 if need be! I have extensive gardening, food preparation and service experince, a strong grounding in Permaculture, and lots of food processing knowledge.
- no to most of that. I have hand built garden infrastructures though.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
so far I put in about 20 hours per week
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology – as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Yes, yes, yes!!!