Team Culturing Information
last updated: 22. April, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name/Nationality/Ethnicity - Karolis Bilziukevičius, Lithuanian
- Location – Lithuania
- Contact Information –
e-mail: karolisbilz (at) yahoo (dot) com
Skype name: KB
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV –
- Hobbies and Pastimes - Architecture, industrial design, interior disign, iustainability, RBE, The zeitgeist movement, the venus project, hydroponics, movies, sports
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in this work?
Because i want to make a world a better place to live not just for myself but for every single being on this planet.
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?'
yes and no....it depends on multiple aspects
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
i do but, i don't have the skill and equipment to do that.
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies?
- Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
have no money to invest :)only time and effort to invest for now till my personal financial situation gets better
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power).
- Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
what is bug-out hut?
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
i hope it will help us move away from monetary system itself and go torwards Recourse based economy
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts?
i think it's a spot on idea to show people that you can live other ways - in harmony with your suroundings - in a sustainable way and move away from monetary system and move torwards RBE. That it's not money we need. It's basic necessities of life that we need.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation?
i think overpopulation is a myth.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
I think it's a spot on idea. it teaches how can our resources can be recycled in a practical way by ourselves.
- Other comments
- What have you already contributed to the OSE project? (technical contributions, blogging about us, financial support, organizing events, translations, interviews, video editing, publications, publicity work, behind-the-scenes work, CAD work, wiki contributions, computer support, etc)
I've just contacted and planing on starting to contribute
- i can cook. Never been doing cooking for more than 6 people.
- I'm an architect, interior designer. I have good 2D and 3D skills in various software like autoCAD, Revit, 3ds max, Sketchup, Photoshop, After effects.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I'm interested to help with the deigning process as an architect. Also i want to gain new skills like Electronics, agriculture etc.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Not sure what you mean. It depends. I'm not is U.S.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
It depends on how many hours of my time this work will take away from my life. If it becomes my main work i will have to charge for my work to survive and support my family.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
Yes. But in the future if my financial status becomes more stable.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Not sure. it depends
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
My financial status doesn't allow me to support this movement financially.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Yes. If i can support myself and my family.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology – as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
I think yes. Have to talk this out with my family.