Team Culturing Information
last updated: 26. April, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Kenn Danner
- Location (city, country) - Saltspring Island, British Columbia, Canada
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - kenndanner (at) shaw (dot) ca, 250-653-4421
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - http://kddesign.ca
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I am a socialist to the core.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
Because I am a socialist to the core.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
By thinking small, local and sustainable. The most important human occupation is acquiring food. The elite know this and have all but taken over (global) food production (if you control a population's food you control that population).Food security must be the responsibility of each individual and the way to help this happen is to facilitate food production on a human scale.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
A small amount of discussion quickly followed by building stuff.
- What are you missing in the project?
Both of the above . . .
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
I will pass my comments along as they arise.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.