LibreCAD is a free Open Source CAD application for LAW (Linux, Apple, Windows).
- As of 2019, LibreCAD v3 is being developed - https://blog.librecad.org/
- As of 2020, Appimage is forthcoming? 
Move and Copy
Move copy - select and cursor turns fat; hit return to place a reference point. Left click to drop item in new place to move.
Filepath for Parts
- file system/usr/share/librecad/library/templates
- Press Alt+F2 to access the "Run Applications" dialog and enter gksu nautilus in order to change file permissions via graphical interface.
Usage Notes on Ubuntu
- Using Ubuntu 14.04, Dell Precision M6500, and v2.0.2 of LibreCAD - new files opened are scaled down many times. To fix it, go to Edit -> Current Drawing Preferences -> Dimensions -> General Scale and change it to 1.