LifeTrac 6 Modules
- 1 Important Links
- 2 Collaborators' Logs
- 3 LifeTrac 6 Full Assembly
- 4 PowerCube
- 5 Cab
- 6 Loader Arm Submodules
- 7 Front WheelBase
- 8 Rear WheelBase
- 9 Articulated Steering Pivot
LifeTrac 6 Baseline Product Requirements
LifeTrac 6 Full Assembly
Design Change Proposals
- ground hug pivot with 4x1 plate welded component
- hydraulic mounts to arms
- 3 bolts holding base pieces in place
- pivot cylinder mounted above or below upper pivot point
- requires extending 4x4 for the pivot to be extended 4inches and bolt moved.
- quick attach module using 4x4 based on previous design
Module - Power Cube Product Development Board
Cab Design Requirements
Module - Cab Frame Product Development Board
Cab module Sketchup File
Hydraulic Valves Sketchup Files
Controller Mounting Plate Drawings
File:2 Spool Mounting Plate.pdf
File:3 Spool Mounting Plate.pdf
3 Spool Joystick Loader Control Valve
2 Spool Joystick Loader Control Valve
Hydraulic Flow Schematic
Loader Arm Submodules
Module - Loader Arms Product Development Board
Auxiliary Mount Submodule
New Bobcat Quick Attach Module
File:BobCat Quick Attach w Plate.skp
Module - Bobcat Standard Quick Attach Product Development Board
Quick Attach Wheel Module
Future Gearbox Module
Figured out how to use the roller chain design accelerator in AutoDesk Inventor. Here's all the specs and calculations for the chain & sprockets I put on (The sprockets are the ones we already use, and the chain's now single instead of double.)
Chain and Sprocket Specs & Calculations
Benefits to the New Gearbox Design
The new box has the following benefits:
- The box is totally reversible in any orientation for the four wheels.
- The same motor sits adjacent to the drive shaft instead of in-line, making the box only 20" long instead of 30"
- This enables us to narrow the wheelbase considerably (which is definitely needed in order to fit the tractor safely on any trailer other than a semi).
- Still modular - you can use it in other applications as well.
- Gives the option for expansion into narrower wheel-based vehicles (Such as the Car or MicroTrac)
- Allows for potential gear shifting & speedier movement if you want to add different size sprockets
- Stronger and shorter 3" drive shaft instead of 2" (Less likely to break)
- This also means that using skid steering becomes a viable option again
- Easily serviceable:
- Both sides are open with plenty of lengthwise room to slip the motor, sprockets, and bearings out if needed.
- Hydraulic motor inputs/outputs easily accessible.
- Clamp is essentially just a large C Clamp with two long bolts. When removed, the whole box comes out.
Articulated Steering Pivot
Module - Pivot Product Development Board