Here are some updates/ideas for discussion:
- Announced the 3-day Workshop in the OSE Workshops Facebook Page - dates were arbitrarily set at November 24 to 26 - are these okay?
- We have one sign up for the three day workshop so far - my friend Charles; I am still working out my own financial structure to participate in the full workshop.
- Hoping that between your website and our local network we will generate enough participation for the full 3 day.
- May need a few more days to fully confirm the 3-day; even so, all indications are positive.
- My secondary and university students have now all been advised of your visit
- One student has agreed to design a poster for your talk inspired by the Hong Kong poster
- Have a meeting on Monday with a local lawyer interested in all of this
- Perhaps "going all in" may mean taking a long term view and planning to invite Catarina to hold a 1 year anniversary lecture.
- Still wondering about best way for students to interact with the workshop - as we already have enough 3D printers; an additional $2000 would put us over budget for the filament extruder build; might we generate extruder quick build process at London International Academy? Might we simply have a workshop around the extruder without a guarantee of a 1 day build? Might we instead focus on the precious plastic shredder and to design, CAD and the like? Perhaps we can work this out with a phone call when you return from China.
- One friend, Charles, spontaneously offered his own financial support and support to get corporate sponsorship + a suitable lecture room at the university. He has been interested in OSE since 2011 when I returned from FeF.
- Another friend, Johann, of Human Innovation PIE (http://innovationPIE.com) has offered to network in the community and support the organization of the event.
- My school has been very supportive - all key members of staff are on board.
- Still hoping to connect with our local bank sponsors with details of this event.
- Several other friends are at least planning to attend the lecture
- My students are very happy with the prospect of your visit as they are already familiar with the vision of the OSE having seen your video and discussed it thereafter.
- My son, Haydar, has offered his room for however many days. Your wife, Catarina, is certainly welcome to join you as well.
- We will meet you at the airport at whatever time your flight arrives. Food + transportation + accommodation are covered for the entire trip.
- In the next few days, I would like to get some firm commitments from some of the above individuals and others in order to expand to the 2-3 day window. Will inform asap.
- Workshop with LIA students and other students: build Filament Extruder (we already have 4 3D printers)
- Public lecture at Western University
- Day of FreeCAD - crowd redesign of precious plastic shredder
- PD for 2 individuals + participation of students
- Training in OSE systems/philosophy 1-2 individuals (minimum)
- Launch of some sort of OSE presence in Canada - OSE club, etc.