Team Culturing Information
last updated: 13. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Luc Prévost
- Location (city, country) - Boucherville, Québec, Canada
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) -
lucprevost (at) hotmail (dot) com
Skype Pseudo: lucprevost
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - I worked all my life in communication: teaching, copywriting, production of content
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Yes I do, I swear ;-)
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
What you are doing is important. I want to participate actively.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
Think local, act global (in term of repercussions) ;-)
Example 1: many autochthones tribes in Quebec are living without tap water or electricity. A new group of young leaders want to change things. They will need to think out of the box…
Example 2: I know a small concern who has access to 115 hectares of agricultural land next to my hometown. They organize only small projects (but great ones) and would benefit from GVCS’s creations.
Example 3: my home town has offered a big chunk of land to anybody who would like to do “collective gardening”. A group of people started a “transition” movement and I think that the intersection of both opportunities implicates the GVCS’s creation.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Nothing. I want to get involved.
- What are you missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
I do not know enough for the moment to make any intelligent suggestion.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Communication: I can write good stuff in french!
Computer: No formal training but teaching multimedia taught me how to debug most situations
Natural building: I have followed a few training and have in special interest in earthbag construction.
Agriculture: I participated actively in a collective gardening group. I blogged on the subject and created some resources (simple documention to provide instruction and feedback for the crews working on different days). I also help (twitter account) a bio farm that I thought to be very creative and open to “modern propagenda”.
Video: I have written, produce and edited small videosMarketing: I have formal training and a long experience in advertising (copywriting mostly)
Education: I have 6-7 years of experience teaching “multimedia” stuff. Sometimes for more than 50 hours per week… I have written curriculum, user guides, etc..
Other: I known a lot about bikes (with pedals) and performance. I have a great knowledge about veganism and I cook with passion.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
I’m answering this survey because I saw a request for help with editing video.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes. 4-5 hours per week initially. My personal situation is somewhat in a transition phase (I took care of my mom with my everything Christine for the last 3 years. My mom just died and we discovered that Christine has a lung cancer) but that is the minimum that I can give for the moment.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes but not now.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Yes but not now.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
No. But I would love to help in finding people who would be interested.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
No. I only give money to people in the streets. I prefer to actually work on the projects. That can only give me a better understanding of what is going on.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Yes. That would be making senses. But I have a book to write in the meanwhile. That is my number one priority after taking care of my everything.
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
Yes. The brick machine is something that I have researched extensively in the past. I participated in a project to start a brick production in Québec http://www.idrc.ca/en/ev-3165-201-1-DO_TOPIC.html The project never took off but the learning was great.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.