Team Culturing Information
WHO are you?
- Name/Nationality/Ethnicity - Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz, Spanish
- Location – what is your city and country? - Tenerife, Canary Islands - Spain
- Contact Information – L---s.G------z.SC@gmail.com, Skype: best if you email, I seldom use skype
- Introductory Video-
- Resume/CV – Public health practitioner, MD & PhD. For some projects see here
- Hobbies and Pastimes- guitar
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
- Why are you interested in this work?
First heard about Marcin at Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt Took me a long time to understand the ideas behind the GVCS. My take is best summarised in the True Fans page. Basically, make globalisation (and damaging the planet etc) a (dumb) option.
- More details: I support OSE because both the model and the elements add some important missing pieces to what I perceive is going on.
- I think it's important to have local possibilities for water, food and energy everywhere. Not just at the household level but more importantly at the village or more aggregated levels. Even if you end up buying stuff from elsewhere, it's best if that happens by choice, not by necessity. It was not by choice when things were local by default and it's not by choice now that things are global by default.
- The whole process of open sharing of ideas, processes, know-how is intriguing and, at the very least, extremely fun to watch. (I really wish I had more time to join in myself, but I'm doing things that need doing. So I translate, tell others, and chip in with a little cash, less than what others spend in smoking. My choice.)
- I'm particularly interested in some items for specific locations. Energy for water in sunny places is a must. Shelter and water collection systems. You name it.
- Do we really know how far and how fast this can go? I think there's bound to be a catalitic process so that more and more technologies will come out openly, in an exciting incarnation of the Stone Soup story. So I want to help keep the fire going.
- It really looks like this can be done, should be done, will be done in 2 years. Less than 2 years now. The whole world now has a sense of urgency, I feel. I'd like to see what we can do after this. But the time is ripe for this, now.
- It's interesting to note how open content gives us a sense of ownership. Many have felt that with software. I want to see that with hardware.
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?
Yes. Not personally in the short term, but yes.
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
At the very least I'd like to see them tested locally. I want to see them as a real option.
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies? Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
I'm interested in helping that happen in the Canaries, if someone with the muscle wants to do it.
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
Yes, with the limitations of working from the distance.
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
I'd like to help if there's local interest. We're building that interest at http://canarnova.blogspot.com - organic growth.
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
Yes! In the world I'd like to see, food and water and energy, the basic percentage of each, should be fun-and-local wherever posible. The rest is negotiable.
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
No. I might be able to lend a rusty hand with study design if need be.
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
Yes. People being able to take meaningful production into their own hands, leaving as much time as possible for whatever people want to do. That's part of the promise I'm interested in exploring.
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power)? Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
I'd like to act as a facilitator for those with muscle and interest.
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
You mean survivalist-type or hermit-type? Nope.
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts? How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation? How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
Not sure about any of that. I think it has a lot to do with "optional globalisation" and "6-ways-to-die kind of poverty".
- What have you already contributed to the OSE project? (technical contributions, blogging about us, financial support, organizing events, translations, interviews, video editing, publications, publicity work, behind-the-scenes work, CAD work, wiki contributions, computer support, etc)
I've helped some people who only speak Spanish to get news and think about moving forward. No real success so far.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Helping out with translations, with contacting people who speak Spanish, and perhaps performing presentations locally.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Maybe 2 hours per week, but it depends on needs. Much of my interest in translations applies to othe projects, so it's difficult to measure.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
Not right now.
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
I don't see it happening soon.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology – as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
I'd like to help make it happen in my islands if someone has the muscle and the interest.