Team Culturing Information
last updated: 6. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Marcus Sabghir
- Location (city, country) - Montreal, QC - Freerunning from here
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - marcusintheworld (at) gmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Yes. People might forget easily, but this is how life has been for, well, as long as we can remember.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
See above. Myself, well, design has been my calling, I guess forever. Legos, bricks, stones, eventually employment in carpentry and the renovation business. But, business isn't quite my bag. This endeavor is just a step towards returning to how life should be, simple love.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
You guys really know how to build the question. I like it. I guess my mind got ahead of itself.Well, as a development project it can improve the quantity and quality of technical capacities among target groups with access to the blueprints. The problem lies in variable access to the chosen medium, internet.It could instead be seen as an attempt to check the concentration of land in America in the hands of a small number of factory farms, bring down the nasty chicken.Furthermore, in any and all implementations, it serves as education, livelihood opportunity and further personal growth.Most importantly to me, to we, is its simplicity and its power to ground us and remind us of life, outside of this society's money grind and addiction to behavioral science.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
Nothing. Change nothing. If I fit, I fit. If not, excellent, we will work towards the same despite any of that.
- What are you missing in the project?
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Well, I'm 22, grown up with computers forever, so, organizational and communications tasks on these machines is quite second nature, unfortunately.I have worked more formally with several specialized programs; AutoCAD, ArcGIS (geograpical information systems, useful for mapping and understanding land and hydrology, anything really, spatially), STATA (statistics), Autodesk Inventor (long ago),
- How have you already contributed to the project?
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.