Team Culturing Information
last updated: 10. June, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Matthew Kolar
- Location (city, country) - Houston, Texas
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - broken (dot) shakles (at) gmail (dot) com
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Of course, open source is the most efficient way of disseminating inventive ideas to date. It is humanities social future.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
You put your money where your mouth is, and you actually produce something instead of talking or just complaining about the way things are.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
I think it will completely change how power in this world works. No longer will knowledge of how to make life better be hidden amongst a priesthood.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I'm looking for a leg up after a long stint of unemployment in an economy I just cant crack. You want followers and Disciples? Offer some economic opportunity.
- What are you missing in the project?
Most of your stuff is still based in applications that don't cater to the engineering project workflow you need to adopt. Don't get me wrong, I love what Blender can do, but its not designed for serious drafting. I want to help correct that. I am also interested in teaching Linux to those new to open source software. I have 8 years experience with Slackware Linux over multiple architectures.
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Let me help you!
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
I can weld, administrate Linux based systems, do some woodworking, repair machine equipment, do some electric wiring, build computer equipment, I have some soldering experience, I'm also about 12 hours away from a math degree so I can tackle most calculations, and can draft with almost any drafting program.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Mostly through the TrueFans donation and offering social support. To be honest, I am dissatisfied with my current level of contribution and wish to be more involved.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
By offering my hands, my mind, and my time.
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
I'm afraid I live too far away to just pop over and contribute a few hours.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
I am currently looking for a vocation and an income. As for payment, room and board plus a reasonable salary would be enough to convince me to hop on. As for what I consider reasonable, I could live quite comfortably on 1000$ - 2000$ a month.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Visiting for only 1 month isn't really cost efficient in my case.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
I'm more interested in designing and building the equipment.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
I'm not sure how such a process would work, and would need to know what kind of quality standards I would have to meet. Sounds interesting though.
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
I was, but then I ran short on cash to give you. Once I get an income, I will resume my contributions.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
I am interested in using them, and adding a "drone" mode to the tractor, so it can be piloted remotely.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
I would jump at the opportunity. Please consider me as a potential candidate for this project.