Team Culturing Information
last updated: 1. May, 2011
WHO are you?
- Name - Max Nichols
- Location (city, country) - Santa Rosa USA
- Contact Information (email, phone, Skype) - Private for now
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV - academy of art, San Francisco Art institute, Sonoma State
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Always have. I started working with linux in 1994.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
Food, Manufacturing, labor, housing
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
Its a post-industrial solution that helps eliminate proprietary rights and access issues. A semi anachronistic revisionary system, that integrates appropriate existing technology as opposed to abandoning it.increases globalization while encouraging localization.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I need a clear overview and direction. But that may be the first thing for me to develop. I also need to educate myself more on existing project resources.
- What are you missing in the project?
Solar powered diaphram or vane air compressor for energy storage, canisters and filling station to power many other components. The oil companies use these for drilling in remote locations. Also would be interested in to see compressor be reversible and used as a compressed air engine. Possible open source natural tech like mushroom water filtration and passive UV concentrator water purification (if that exists). Additionally, interested in seeing data comparing farm work done by animals vs machines. For example the waste generated by work animals, food consumption and reuse of waste.address farm tools geared towards suburban/urban farmers (replace the front lawn).
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
Not educated enough to make suggestions yet.
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Minor email collaboration.
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
It does not imidiatly solve the problem but provides for a cyclical revisionary process to reach ....conversely real work is being done (not vaporware)
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
depends on personal income work load. Sometimes 20/week sometimes 0 per week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Not really interested in being paid, only listed and clearly credited. If the model allows for paid work to demonstrate its feasibility, I will accept moneys.
- Are you interested in Dedicated Project Visit?
Logistically not likely but not out of the question at a later date.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
Maybe, but would be more interested in getting a commercial farmer to buy the tractor and organizing a local fabricator to build it. Then documenting its use.
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
Yes. Direct farm applications.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment - a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology - as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.