Logistics and Practical Checklist
- Did you submit a resume?
- Please introduce yourself and what position you are applying for (if not clear on position, it will be covered later)
Cowtown Computer Congress member, KC Arts Inst - Documentary and Info Visualization; Random Acts of Kindness. Nikon V5000. Intentional community or commune - studied that back in high school. Didn't know it was near Kansas City. Strikes his as positive about Ecology and Technology.
- Are you interested in working on-site at FeF or are you interested in remote collaboration.
- Are you applying as a volunteer or for a paid position?
- Are you ok with a 2 week trial period? One month trial period?
- If it's the paid position, is $2000/month acceptable to you?
- Which track are you interested in (management or admin/apprentice/entrepreneur)
- When are you available?
- How long will you stay with us?
- How did you find out about us?
- Have you seen my TED Talk?
- What do you care about?
- What do you see yourself doing with us at Factor e Farm?
- How does our work relate to your care?
- For that which you care about doing with us, what is your track record/work samples?
- Tell us about yourself.
Worked at Arcosanti building a greenhouse as work-study.
- Tell me about the last 5 years of your life.
- What are you interested in getting out of this opportunity?
- What do you think is the best use of your time?
- What are your three strongest skills that you bring to this position? Substantiate.
- What are the principles you use as guidance?
- What are your professional accomplishments that you are most proud about?
- If you could investigate anything, what would it be?
- What are your most important resources?
- What are the qualities that are inspiring about you?
- What opportunities are you hoping to get?
- What inspires you?
- What are your outside interests?
- How do you add value?
- What are 5 of your greatest accomplishments in your professional history?
- What are 5 of your greatest failures in your professional history?
- Illustrate your creativity.
- What do you look for when hiring someone?
- Would you rather create strategy, design a solution, solve a problem, or create a process? Why that?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
What did you learn in your present job or position? How long would it take you to make a contribution to this company? What do you imagine that contribution would be? Why should we hire you? What can you offer that someone else does not? What interests you most about this position? What interests you least about this position?
During the mornings, 8-12, I'd like to help out with regular chores so that I am a contributing part of FeF not an outside observer. In the afternoon, 12-5, I will gather footage of the happenings around FeF that day. In the evenings 5-10 I will review that days footage, cut together and upload that days vlog update, and add to the longer video projects.
Daily, 2-5 min
These will be short daily videos of what is happening at FeF. They will be composed of interviews with team members explaining what they are working on that day. They will involve only simple editing so that they can be edited, exported, and uploaded during the evening.
Because most youtube viewers will not be interested in constant small daily updates, I will cap off each month by editing the Vlog updates into a short highlights real of the month. Whereas the Vlog updates will be simple, the monthly reviews will involve voice over and B-roll (footage of work, being done, machine operating, scenery, etc.)
Every 2-3 Weeks or as needed, 8-10 min
Whenever a new machine is being built or tested, I will cut that footage into a video separate from the regular updates. These videos will show how that device is built or operated. This will involve scripted voice over, assembly montages, and embedded animated diagrams.