Microfactory Boot Camp - Explanation of the Control Panel
- 0:26 - Functions that the Control Panel covers: motion, heating, position sensing, extruding, display of information.
- 1:50 - Zip ties for mounting of each component allows for a modular control panel that can be assembled rapidly into place
- 2:26 - Technique for drilling through plexiglas
- 3:50 - Components: power supply, Arduino + RAMPS controller, display, MOSFET.
- 4:24 - RAMPS - definition of the RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield
- 6:57 - Overview of how stepper motors produce precisely stepped motion
- 11:00 - Concept of metal-embedded 3D printing
- 12:20 - Concept of metal 3D printing using welding guns
- 12:35 - PEI high performance plastic surface allows prints to stick, and to pop off easily when finished
- 13:00 - Function of MOSFET is to provide high current switching to the heated bed.
- 19:18 - Different printing surfaces and heated printing bed. It costs 10 cents per 10 hours to run the printer, which is used mostly by the heated bed.
- 21:08 - How each component is connected to the plexiglass.
- 23:20 - Using an SD card for printing eliminates the need for a computer to control the 3D printer
- 26:00 - End stops are present on the X and Y axes. The Z axis has an inductive height sensor which senses 8 mm of distance, not a mechanical switch
- 27:30 - Concept of sensing resistance on the stepper motors to function like the end stop - without using an actual end stop.