Team Culturing Information
WHO are you?
- Name/Nationality/Ethnicity - Miquel Torres, Spanish
- Location – what is your city and country? - Sachsenheim, Germany
- Contact Information – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introductory Video-
- Resume/CV – Finished my Physics studies in 2003, at the University of Valencia, Spain, and have since worked in the IT industry. I have also started 3 Open Source projects myself.
- Hobbies and Pastimes – Playing Chess and Go, playing the Piano, hiking, cooking, reading books...
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
I am myself an open source developer. Extending that culture and methodology to computer hardware (Arduino) was the next step, bringing it to the whole economy is the most important point of OSE.
- Why are you interested in this work?
IMHO, Open Source Ecology is probably the most important initiative on the planet Earth, period.
- Are you interested in teaching about the GVCS?
Yes, I like teaching and explaining things.
- Are you interested in economic relocalization possibilities arising from the GVCS?
- Do you want to use the GVCS technologies yourself? Do you want to build them yourself?
I would love to.
- Are you interested in starting up enterprise using the GVCS technologies? Are you interested in having the GVCS technologies fabricated by your local custom fabricator?
- Are you interested in applying the GVCS to third world development? To redevelopment of crisis areas? To development of derelict areas in the developed world?
That's where the greatest potential lies, though I would like to be able to apply them in Europe as well.
- Are you interested in starting up Industry 2.0 flexible fabrication enterprises for your local community, by drawing from a global repository of freely down-loadable designs and fabricating using open source fabrication equipment?
Yes, either myself or as a facilitator.
- Are you interested in the potential of the GVCS for developing local food systems?
- Are you interested in doing academic studies/papers, publishing books, or doing other analysis of our efforts?
I am currently writing an essay or book.
- Are you interested in financial investment opportunities arising from our work?
- Are you interested in the distributive economic aspects of our work, and if so, how do you see this playing out?
That is the reason OSE is important. The world doesn't need yet-another-group-that-wants-to-go-it-alone.
- Are you interested in building renewable energy production facilities based on open hardware (solar concentrator electric, wind, biomass power)? Are you interested in building resilient communities based on access to the GVCS?
- Are you interested in creating a bug-out hut using GVCS technologies?
Mmmm, not really.
- How do you think that the GVCS can help alleviate the instabilities of global monetary systems?
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues related to resource conflicts?
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of overpopulation?
- How do you think that the GVCS can address issues of resource depletion and environmental degradation?
Well, an "OSE Economy" wouldn't have anything like the current monetary system. Besides, relocalizing would bring stability. In anycase all this issues are related, you cannot really solve one without solving the others.
WHAT have you already contributed to the OSE project?
(technical contributions, blogging about us, financial support, organizing events, translations, interviews, video editing, publications, publicity work, behind-the-scenes work, CAD work, wiki contributions, computer support, etc)
I have organized OSE meetings for a while in the second half of 2010.
- Computer Support
I am automating the deployment of the OSE servers, in collaboration with Elifarley
I have provided stylish diagramming templates
- HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
Well, I am a Physicist, I can do *anything* ;-)
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes. At the moment 3-5 hours per week.
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
Yes. For a professional wage, I can work as a Web Developer.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
- Are you interested in using the technologies that we are developing directly?
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment – a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology – as a beacon of light to benefit of all people on Earth.
Yes. I would evaluate the possibility in 2012.