- Deletion program - produce components locally. Import duty free under condition that 75% will be produced locally. First gummit allows import of certain parts, then the company starts to produce.
- Generator business - lots of big guys, but it's easy. Should do it.
- Solar power - everyone is cheating, say 100MW plant. Efficiency goes down, say to 3 MW - solar tracking. Efficiency level is fluctuating. That is difficult. Washing panels, etc. Even the germans say you will get 30% less. So cost of project is wrong. Should say, it's a 100MW, but you only get 60MW.
- Mobin developed 250 machines
- Ex. Movin offered $10k for a machine that cost is $100k. So they were getting the machine for $50k, and $50k from loans - essentially, keep foreign investment in.
- Ex. a spinning mill that requires 12,000 spindles. $10M project. The company pays $1M. Rest is loans, etc. Not interested in lower cost equipment because wanted to keep foreign investment.
- Pakistani company started producing spindles, even China imported their product. Chinese dropped their price to $50 per spindle. Bankers everywhere discourage local production.
- Bring technology and local jobs. Gummit will get you land. 10k tractors/year in any small country.
- Don't be a dead hero. You only have so many years.
- Start easy first. Tech transfer happens slowly and gradually.
- Cylinder head and cylinder block - are hard. +/-10 or 25 micron accuracy.
- Slides - made their own slides and beds. 2-8 feet long. Cast and slighly machine, leave it in air for 1 month to fully season it.
- Hardy - company in Taiwan
- Trucks, buses, planes used to be all produced by UK, etc, now china
- China bought Gwadar port from Pakistan
- 16,000 km bullet trains in China! Will do a bullet train with 300 km under sea tunnel
- Motorcycle assembly in Africa interest. 75,000 motorcyles are being sold every month. Trade minister of an african country. "Good thing is that i've developed a liking for you." "In my case, how do we alleviate poverty, what do we do. Angle of alleviating poverty. He has fantastic documentation."
- Engine head and block - casting - machining schould be easy, casting should be low cost. Cylinder head and block. One cylinder, 2 cylinder, 3 cylinder diesels. Marine engines are modular - you stack on additional sections to get more power.
- crank, cam - no problem
- Modular engine - yes!