Team Culturing Information
Last updated: March 5, 2012
WHO are you?
- Name - Mónica Zamora
- Location (city, country) - Santiago, Chile
- Contact Information (email, skype, phone) - nottern (dot) link (at) gmail (dot) com
- Picture -
- Introductory Video -
- Resume/CV -
WHY are you motivated to support/develop this work?
- Do you endorse open source culture?
Yes. I participate in a local collective supporting free culture. In my country things like these are mainly related to software, music and internet blogs and stuff.
- Why are you interested in collaborating with us?
I'm finishing my mechanical engineering studies. I'd like to help developing new, open source things. I'm quite interested in energy related design and review. I also relax when drawing in CAD software.
- How do you think that the GVCS can address pressing world issues?
With feedback. I think the best way develop is made is when a community can speak about they needs.
- What should happen so that you become more involved with the project?
I should have more free time, for the time being.
- What is missing in the project?
For what I've been reading in the wiki, may be a little more fluent communication, news releases, to keep the interest in the members...
- What are your suggestions for improvement of the project?
No suggestions yet.
WHAT are your skills?
- List all of your skills in these areas: Communications - Organizational - Computer Support - Finances - Design - Natural Building - Electronics - Automation - Metallurgy - Engineering - Fabrication - Agriculture - Energy - Architecture - Video/Graphics/Art - PR/Marketing - Education - Construction - Industry - CNC - Chemistry - Product Design - Other
Design: Mechanical design, CAD drawing skills, simulation knowledge (Ansys, COMSOL, learning Elmer, Openfoam)
Fabrication: Experience on traditional mechanical fabrication. Milli, lathe, etc.
Energy: Theoretical backgroung and big interest in the field. Knowledge about solar resource, concentration and thermal collectors. Also knowledge of vertical axis wind (and marine current) turbines.
- How have you already contributed to the project?
Anything yet. Just registered yesterday
HOW can you help?
- How are you interested in contributing to the work of GVCS development?
- Can you volunteer to work with us, and if so, how many hours per week?
Yes. By the time being, I may compromise time of my weekends. Let's say 5 hours
- Are you interested in working with us for pay? If so, what services can you offer, and what is your hourly or per-project rate?
For pay would be great, but if I can't make a living I better don't.
- Are you interested in a Dedicated Project Visit?
Sounds nice, but not yet.
- Are you interested in purchasing equipment from us to help bootstrap development?
- Are you interested in bidding for consulting/design/prototyping work?
I could be. But I don't know about international issues.
- Are you a True Fan? If not, why not?
No. I'm not working yet.
- Would you like to see yourself working with us on a full-time basis?
Right now, I don't know, though I will be looking for a job. Later on, depends on the status of the project, I think.
- Are you interested in being part of the world's first, open source, resilient community? The GVCS is the preparatory step for the OSE Village Experiment â€“ a 2 year, immersion experiment (2013-2014) for testing whether a real, thriving, modern-day prototype community of 200 people can be built on 200 acres using local resources and open access to information? We are looking for approximately 200 people to fill a diverse array of roles, according to the Social Contract that is being developed. This may be the boldest social experiment on earth - a pioneering community whose goal is to extend the index of possibilities regarding harmonious existence of humans, ecology, and technology.
Sounds great. But future for me is a little uncertain now.